I WANT IT.
We’ve just received the official communication from Land Rover with photos. Land Rover Introduces the Next Generation of the World’s Most Iconic Luxury SUV.
- Unmistakably a Range Rover, a modern interpretation of iconic design cues.
- Legendary Land Rover off-road capability with transformed on-road handling and agility.
- Lighter, stronger and more refined. The world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure.
- Weight savings of up to 420kg when compared to the outgoing model delivers improved fuel economy and reduced CO2 emissions. A US specification V8 model is lighter than similarly equipped outgoing model.
- A more spacious and luxurious interior provides a truly composed motoring experience for all occupants. Rear legroom increases 4.7 inches.
- Adaptive dynamics suspension system further refines ride quality.
- Enhanced all-terrain performance with the introduction of a new fully automatic Land Rover “Terrain Response 2 Auto®” system • Designed and engineered in Britain at Land Rover’s development centers throughout the UK.
- Manufactured in a new aluminum production facility at Land Rover’s Home in Solihull, United Kingdom
It is time to have a look at THE ALL-NEW RANGE ROVER
Spy photographers have been snagging pictures of the latest Land Rover Range Rover mules that have been running about for months. Up until this point, details had been limited and Land Rover has been taking its time with the development of its flagship SUV, no doubt fine-polishing all the chrome pieces to assure everything is up to par with the automaker's über standards in luxury.
Finally, earlier today, the very first images of the production 2013 model year Range Rover leaked online, providing the clearest indication thus for of what to expect in the months ahead.
Exterior wise, the next-generation Range Rover's upright design looks comfortably familiar but will also feature a very Evoque-esque front fascia treatment. The grille treatment is redesigned in a more contemporary and intricate pattern while a new bumper features softer edges as well as a pair of interesting air ducts above the fog lamps. What's more, the new Range Rover's headlights feature a thinner and an aggressively straked design that extends along the character-line that runs along the length of the side until it is picked up again with a near symetrical taillight to finish off the new design element.
According to rumors, an all-new aluminum body architecture can be found underneath the redesigned sheetmetal. If the rumors are confirmed, expect the new Range Rover to boast a lighter curb weight and, in turn, significantly improve its fuel efficiency.
Finally, the new Land Rover Range Rover is expected to feature a range of diesel and gasoline engines. Although Land Rover has not confirmed whether any diesel selections will be available in the North American market, we can expect to see the 3.0 liter V6 powerplant as well as the more powerful 5.0 liter supercharged V8.
Check out the second image of the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Below:
Love it or hate it, Bentley’s EXP 9 F Concept is one impressive, carefully crafted piece of machinery. The boys in Crewe have taken the all-terrain, super-suv on the road and we have to say, its got quite the formidable presence in motion.